According to an algorithm created by Football Critic, Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish is the 6th best player on the planet – ranking higher than Mo Salah and Kylian Mbappé.
Football Critic update their table every Monday and here is how they get their results. They take multiple factors into account such as;
- Match ratings – an average of a player’s last 1800 minutes in competitive matches
- Competition weighting – A bonus based on the quality of the competition
- Performance bonus – An additional bonus based on the consistency of the player’s performance over the last 1800 minutes
and based on the results of those factors the feed it into their algorithm and ultimately come up with a ranking system.
The table consists of the Top 50 around the world but we’re just going to focus on the Top 10.
- Lionel Messi – Barcelona
- Robert Lewandowski – Bayern Munich
- Erling Haaland – Borussia Dortmund
- Neymar Jr. – PSG
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Juventus
- Jack Grealish – Aston Villa
- Mo Salah – Loverpool
- Iago Aspas – Celta
- Kylian Mbappé – PSG
- Joshua Kimmich – Bayern Munich
If you want to see the entire Top 50 click here.