Richard Keys has hit the headlines yet again, this time coming to loggerheads with Gary Lineker over his stance on Qatar.
Lineker has been extremely outspoken on Qatar’s human rights problems and has come under fire from journalists for his approach to the tournament.
In an article by the Mail, it was revealed that the BBC punditry team are staying in £2,500 a-night apartment, to which Lineker responded saying: “The accomodation cost the BBC a small fraction of that price” and that “Lots of Brits are living there as well“.
Keys wasn’t too sympathetic in his response to Lineker’s reply, with the 65-year old tweeting: “Wow. Lovely. I wonder who built these? It must be nice to be in the top 1% of the world’s population. The other 99% would call this luxury.”
Lineker also posted a video in response to the Mail’s article and Keys, where he filmed a shot of his apartment with the caption: “Gonna have a nap in my luxury apartment before tonight’s game. 👍 “
Gonna have a nap in my luxury apartment before tonight’s game. 👍🏻 pic.twitter.com/tvwRwopKPQ
— Gary Lineker 💙💛 (@GaryLineker) December 3, 2022
READ MORE: WHOLESOME moment captured between Daley Blind and father Danny during Netherlands and USA clash
Keys lives in Qatar and has worked for beIN Sports since 2013, after he was sacked by Sky after being accused of sexism.