Boxing star Gervonta Davis, best known for his connections to great Floyd Mayweather, has landed himself in a world of trouble.
READ MORE: (Video) Absolutely terrifying moment Francis Ngannou can be heard striking pads from another floor
As per ESPN, Following his knockout win over Leo Santa Cruz last November, Davis, nicknamed ‘Tank’ ignored a red light and crashed his £160,000 Lamborghini Urus into a family-owned Toyota.
According to witnesses at the scene, the two-division champion, along with his passenger, bolted from the wreckage and fled the scene, rumoured to be in a ‘getaway’ vehicle.
Although the savage incident had the potential to cause fatalities, thankfully, all four injured victims are expected to make a full recovery.
However, the young American’s actions have led to the boxer facing 14 criminal charges which could very well see him sentenced to a possible seven years in prison.
State prosecutor Marilyn Mosby said: “Fortunately, the victims, in this case, were able to survive this alleged hit and run collision with recoverable injuries despite the potential for a far worst scenario.
“My office will continue to do our part to hold reckless drivers accountable when their harmful actions put innocent lives in jeopardy.”
A list of some of the charges brought against Davis are:
– Four counts of Failure to immediately return and remain at scene of accident involving bodily injury 1 year
– Failure of driver involved in accident to render reasonable assistance to injured person 60 days
– Failure of vehicle driver involved in accident to furnish req. ID and license 60 days
– Failure of vehicle driver involved in accident to exhibit license to police 60 days
– Failure of vehicle driver involved in accident to report to nearest police 60 days
– Failure of vehicle driver in accident to locate and notify owner of unattended property of damage 60 days
– Failure of vehicle driver in accident to furnish required ID information in writing on unattended vehicle property 60 days
– Person driving motor vehicle on highway on suspended license and privilege 1 year
– Person driving motor vehicle on highway on revoked license and privilege 1 year
– Driving motor vehicle on highway without required license and authorization 60 days
– Driver fail to stop at steady circular red signal.